Monday, March 29, 2010

13: Spring Obession

Welcome to another weekly installment

Week: 73.4 (+ 34.9km)
Year: 771.5km (+ 334.5km)

LONGEST RUN: 30k

This past weekend was Around the Bay 30km. For the last 3 years I've dreamt of doing the run, having signed up but never actually competed in the event. It was time for an test run in the middle of the week.
Great timing as the weather on wed was a balmy 8 degrees, compared to Thursday and Friday -21 with wind chill.

You're probably thinking how this 30k happened:
DVP Trail to Pottery, hitch onto Bayview
Bayview to Brickworks.
UP Mud Creek or Moore Trails
Mt. Pleasent to Eglinton.
Across back to Yonge.
Downhill from Yonge to Rosedale.
Through Rosedale to the viaduct
Down Broadview, turning home.
Then lakeshore to Woodbine loop.

Last section, I was hurting!

Took Thursday OFF, and Friday was my first "unplanned zero". Woke up late for bfast date with MS @ MC. And the temperature dropping to -21 with windchill did NOT help that matter.

Friday also meant - full day of work, and play! out till 1:30am
Saturday I sucked it up and went out for a jog...
overall could have done 90+, but unplanned zero's are my indicators that I have too much on my plate!

No comments: