Saturday, July 26, 2008

bam bam, thank you rain!

First off: S:5k, B:110k, R: 33k miamichel=god + 10k bike to Jazz fest/ or walking.... not sure yet.


It's been quite the rainy week, with humidity at 50-80% resulting in early early morning runs. The rain was definitely much needed relief with the scrotching heat waves we've been getting this summer. Light rain is good; heavy downpour is acceptable in spurts, but not when you're caught in a giant rainstorm. Great!
On Tuesday as I was biking back to downtown from "across the river" I was caught in heavy downpour where you can't even see 5ft. in front of you. Enough complaining.

_____________________________________________

Saturday morning are my days for LSD runs (Long Slow Distance). Lately I've been stalling at 13/14k as I've been graced with more running partners V, S, and I've gotten into the routine of running/stretching/ breakkie. In my training programme I've actually fallen behind by a week, but I figure it's okay, I'll just be on more mileage and I'll rest up lots prior to my big day of the Waterfront marathon. 42.2k/ 26 miles. A personal Goal to accomplish the task has been my dream since I've starting regularly running for the sake of running and not running up and down a court or field. 5 years, multiple injuiries, times of lapses, lack of motivation, schooling priorities etc.... It's been a long time. I type as if I've completed the marathon... but it's slowly reaching the peak, and I know the next 4 weeks of training will put a toll on my mental physique/ strength and commitment to my training. I have faith!
Point taken, I did a great 19k run this morning :D.

(AC- Rosedale Valley Road- Bayview Trails - David Belfour Park - Mt. Pleasant - Moore Park - south to Brickworks - Bayview - Todmorden Hills - Pottery Road - Broadview - Bloor viaduct - running along Bloor - AC) 18k!!

LOVE

a different cool way to look at our route.

2 comments:

44darts said...

you're a machine!

Espresso Adventures said...

Machine that needs to at least get a 32k run in before Sept 10th.

Doing 42.2k on Sept 28th, so it needs to be done....
just wait until the next couple of weeks.... you'll see some crazy routes going up.