Thursday, February 19, 2009

new advancements or stick to it attitude

As the snow falls outside of my window I gather it's cold and windy. The music in the background is tranquil, folk and soul wrenching that exudes a personality all of its' own. As the vocals turn into melodic verses the feelings of soft, light, and peace overcoming any other thoughts that enter the mind. Music is a pivotal aspect of my life that I feel naked without listening, exploring, discovering and sharing. I've convinced myself that looking for new music is a "waste" of my time, that I need to stay focused on long-term goals. Whether the it's the strictest of regimented, calculated, focused hours of studying trumps my tranquil soulful sighs of happiness from music, is a constant question that comes to mind.

Why choose one over the other? Can it not be meld together?

As we past the 4 month mark to the EXAM, a new outlook at how time is allocated will be discussed with myself this week....
3 months till graduation
1.5 months to 30k around the Bay
3.5 weeks till Boston - St.Paddy day celebrations
2 days to reading week

A count is only significant when it provides some sense of meaning.
All I know is that I will work hard to accomplish my long list of goals.
Understand proceeds marks (but understanding it prior to tests/exams will attain higher marks)..... FOCUS, determination, questioning materials.

My new goal is to understand why certain rules are applied as opposed to other rules.


Riding my sweet-ass "red rover" once the snow melts..... oooo long rides!!!!
student life really does rule. priorities....

Read-----> Rich dad, poor dad.

1 comment:

44darts said...

Re: rich dad, poor dad.
you're the second person to mention that book. might be time for me to check it out...