Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Reflection

A Year in review 2008

The year of the Rat will be etched into my head as the time when I maxed out my life as a concert goer, a time to reconnect with the grassroots, and the break-free of all the hipsters/scenesters around.

Concerts this year: I tried to make it a resolution for max 2 concerts a month... but that got busted in Mar/April.....
Tally: 30+

Memories: Saw great ppl come and go (KC) but will be back
saw ppl leave for awhile
Saw relationships end, and terminate... (people blow up, and shut out)
good, bad, ugly (not so much)
celebrity signings, sightings, and close encounters followed by relentless searching

Top 3 Albums:
TV on the Radio - Dear Science
Fleet Foxes- S/T
Sarah Slean - Baroness

Top 5 Gatherings:
1) HG-VI (bigger and betta each year. this edition featured collective pins!)
2) Mah jong nights (series of 3)
3) Grillfest 6
4) Cranium nights (4)
5) Beach days!!!

Top 3 experiences:
ROCK game! a la Buffalo
Summer in TO (first time in 8 years)
Best Birthday in my extistence (recent, but still worthy)

Top 5 Concerts:
Adele - @ Rivoli
Coldplay - Experiencing it for the first time
Celine Dion - I'd do her over again....
Golden Dogs - NYE double show
SPICE GIRLS - FINAL SHOW! (hopefully ever)

Top 3 Newsmakers:
Obama v. McCain
Crash of the sub-prime housing - and market
Michael Phelps!

Here are my Top 5 Photos:


Riverdale: you will be missed, offically done!


(First marathon: great experience, will be better prepped next time)

(CWC and GC - two amazing people that I adore)

(RP: someone who I adore more, like une grande soeur! she's the bomb. This was taken at ADELE concert @ rivoli!! BEST concert!!!! BEST SOUND!!!)

(SAM: Baller cat of JD - one of the other amazing ppl I know, Sam's my OG)

2009 I'm ready for you!
Year of the OX! bull-dozer through the market insercurities, and the trouble with the factions... let's see how this pans out!

To 2008 , you were an excellent year. I LOVE YOU to bits, but it's time for you to be over.

1 comment:

44darts said...

you went to 30 concerts this year???
holy cow!!!